Teachers' Master Class
TEACHERS' MASTER CLASS
Each year, typically in March, MEA invites an outstanding pedagogue to serve as Master Teacher for MEA members who are selected to perform at the general meeting. It is a wonderful opportunity for both the performers and audience members. These meetings attract a large audience and are most inspiring and informative. Past Master Teachers have included Yoheved Kaplinsky, Joseph Kalichstein, Jerome Lowenthal, Eduardus Halim and Seymour Bernstein. Interested members can apply online or by mail between December 15 to January 15.
Guidelines for Applying
- All members (teachers and non-teachers) are invited to apply.
- Members are not eligible to perform two successive years.
- If there are two or more applicants offering the same or similar pieces, the first submission will be given preference.
- Piece/s should be memorized and not exceed 12 minutes.
- A second and possibly third choice of repertoire is encouraged but not required.
- Applicants will be notified as soon as possible after the application deadline if they have been selected to perform and what pieces they will be playing.
- Chosen performers must submit a short (100 -150 word) bio to be included in the program.
To apply online log in to your Member Homepage. Look in the right hand column under Member Documents for the interactive application form.
To apply by mail, go to Forms/Downloads on the main menu. Print out the form and submit by mail.